Welcome To The Health Office
Jean Dunlap RN, & Chantal Vasquez HA we are here to welcome you all to a new school year!
Our mission is to create a safe and healthy environment for children to learn and grow.
We will keep you updated of upcoming health events, news, and referrals trough synergy mail, class Dojo, and this webpage.
Let us know of any way we as the school Health Office can support your student(s) this school year.
If your child is sick please refer to APS website for further actions as well as contacting our health office. We will be happy to assist you on making the best decision.
If your child becomes sick at school the health office will call an emergency contact list on their profile to come to pick them up. They can only be released to someone listed on their emergency contacts and that person must have a valid ID for pick up. It is very important that we have up-to-date phone numbers for you and the emergency contacts. You can update contact information in ParentVue.
Effective Monday, August 15, APS will no longer require:
- Social distancing
- Quarantining for close contacts
- Close contact tracing, including notification of exposure to a positive COVID-19 case
- Participating in the APS Test to Stay Program
The following COVID-19 safe practices and protocols remain in place:
- Schools and departments will provide at-home rapid antigen test kits for students and employees who exhibit symptoms
- Parents are responsible for screening their child at home prior to coming to school (parents should be reminded regularly to not bring symptomatic/sick children to school)
- Students should stay home if they are sick
- Symptomatic students and employees are to isolate for 5 days - individuals who test negative on 2 at-home rapid antigen tests, taken 24-48 hours apart, or test negative on 1 PCR test may return before 5 full days of isolation
- Students and employees who test positive must to stay home for at least 5 days and may return after 5 days if fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication and symptoms are improving
- Students and employees who test positive must notify their school/supervisor
- Students and employees who test positive and are returning to school/work after 5 days must wear a mask for an additional 5 days
All students must have current immunizations in order to enter or remain in school. Please bring most current records when registering for school.
Immunization can be obtained from primary care physicians or New Mexico Department of Health.
The Department of Health now offers a website to access your student's immunization records: Vaxviewnm.org
APS Medicaid Program
APS Medicaid Department is available to help families enroll in Medicaid or refer for other eligible services .Please call 505-855-5261 or 505-855-9820 (for Spanish speakers) for more information. Click here for more information.
Office Hours: 7:20am-2:20pm
return completed documents, orders, or health plans please address to emails or via fax:
Attn: Health Office
Employee Contact Information
Employee Contact Information
- APS Sick Day Guidelines
- When to stay home if sick-APS Video
- Talking to Children about the Flu (PDF)
- Medication Policy
- Wash Your Hands! poster (PDF)
- Wash Your Hands! (video)
- Lavarse la Manos! (video)
- Stay Home If you are Sick (video)
- Quedarse en Casa cuando este enfermo (video)